Want to contribute to STOP THE LYME LIES?
Be Heard - Spread the Word!
We are seeking volunteer writers for our team!
- You must be Lyme literate. ie: a Lyme sufferer, parent, carer, spouse, partner of someone that has Lyme disease and/or MSIDs (Multi Systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome).
- Blog posts should be at least 500 words in length and no more than 1000.
- Posts must be written in English by a native English speaker (Canadian, USA and UK), but we will consider other fluent English speakers/writers.
- Posts should be thoroughly edited for grammar and punctuation.
- Creative titles are a plus, as we want these posts to be shared by others.
- Must be passionate about Lyme disease and take great pride in writing great posts.
- Pictures should be provided with each post but if this is not possible we will provide appropriate photos.
- Content must be relevant to the website, in this case Lyme or MSIDs (Multi Systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome).
- Posts cannot contain any profanity, pornography, violence.
- Posts cannot name doctors or others without express written consent.
- Writers must NOT be affiliated in ANY way with the CDC or IDSA (Infectious Diseases Society of America). The goal of this site is to raise awareness, not spread further deception & lies.
- A recent photo (face shot) is required for our 'meet the team' page & your bio (120 words or less) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages.
- Posts can be personal reflections ie: daily accounts of living with Lyme, commentaries on current Lyme events, breaking news in the Lyme world. Lyme politics & thoughts on OspA are HIGHLY desirable!
- Must be available to post at least once a month.
- Be original: Posts must be unique and original to Stop The Lyme Lies©. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or be available for distribution on other sites.
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. We prefer links to scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets.
- We can’t use posts from content farms or posts created to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name. We are unable to accept articles that promote a business or service.