There are so many myths surrounding the transmission of Lyme Disease. Most people believe that the ONLY way to get Lyme Disease is via the bite of an infected tick. Nothing could be further from the truth! Lyme can be spread in many different ways. (Please be aware that new facts about Lyme are emerging on a daily basis)
- Bites of Ticks and Other Arthropods (sand fleas, mites, mosquitoes, fleas and other arthropods.)
- Contact Transmission (urine)
- Sexual transmission
- Mother to baby (in utero)
- Blood Transfusions & Organ Transplantation
- possibly saliva
- food chain - researchers at the University of Wisconsin have reported that dairy cattle can be infected with Bb, hence milk could be contaminated.