How do I start to self advocate?
No matter what country you are in, you need to be aware of your rights as a patient. Even though you may not get adequate treatment for your Lyme Disease, you STILL have rights! Read them, learn them!
Patient rights by country:
Start Writing Letters....
Below are your representatives:
Local MPs UK
US House of Representatives
AU house of Representatives
AU Members of Parliament
- Join local Lyme groups. If you can't find one, make one!
- Start a blog. You can get a free one at Blogger.
- Make YouTube videos.
- Check out Social Stories.
- Go to protests.
- Help raise awareness, by hosting fundraising events etc.
- Educate yourself on Lyme! Don't just sit back and be 'spoon fed'. One thing that irritates the 'movers' most are people that are sick, but passive about their treatment, or people that wait to be spoon fed information.
- Join social media sites and network with others with Lyme
- Get connected - get involved!