In life we carry around past hurts, fears, anger, frustration, sadness, grief, inner secrets, and more. When we carry these emotions we find ourselves getting sick physically and mentally. We also do not live our life to the fullest. We limit our success both in business and in our personal life.
How can I overcome my emotional burdens?
Ideas for 'peeling the onion'
- 7 nights in a row: write an entire page worth of a constant stream of consciousness. Do not lift your pen, keep writing whatever thoughts come to mind for an entire page. This is different than a diary. Just let go and let the emotions flow through your heart and mind, right onto your paper.
- Do yoga or Tai Chi or other light exercise. Exercise has been called soul food for the mind & spirit. (aerobics or other high impact exercises are not a good idea in Lyme according to Dr Burrascano's Protocol!)
- Write a letter to release feelings of anger and frustration. You don’t have to worry about sugar-coating anything, because you are not actually going to send it to anybody. This is incredibly freeing.
- When you feel down in the dumps, instead of drinking alcohol, stuffing it down with comfort food, watching a movie to get your mind off it, look at it in the face. How? Take a bath, meditate, go for a quiet walk. Allow the feelings to manifest and fully embrace them. Cry, yell, scream… just allow whatever needs to happen, happen.
- Lastly write down an affirmation when going through an emotional detox and read it before bed or first thing in the morning: example: “I have the courage to release toxic emotions in a positive and constructive manner." or "I am killing the Lyme and my body is healing." - It can be anything you like.
- Seek spiritual guidance from your pastor, rabbi, etc.
- Pray or meditate.
- Get counselling.
- Join a Lyme support group.
- Eliminate 'happiness vampires'. This is very hard to do, I know! Even if they are family members, sometimes you have to say enough is enough and cut ties. You will be so much happier and your body will heal faster when you do. You cannot be surrounded by drama queens, liars, naysayers, gossips and expect to heal fully! I am not saying be nasty about it. You don't have to create more issues, by trying eliminate issues! Do what you have to do for you! Change numbers, switch jobs, move, deactivate your Facebook or Twitter accounts, or delete the person that is causing you grief. Here is a GREAT article on removing toxic people from your life!
Does Lyme Rage exist?
Here are a few interesting articles about Lyme Rage: